Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Hooray for me!!!

I got some GREAT news today. The manuscript from my masters work has finally been accepted for publication. It only took me 3 1/2 years after graduating to get to this point but hey, I'm not going to complain now, it's accepted! I guess that goes to show that you can take something that makes hardly any sense at all, revise it approximately 20 times, and turn it into something that the scientific community might possibly value. I certainly hope that's the case, but I won't know until I see if people are citing it in their own manuscripts. What a huge relief to have that off my mind though. Now I just have to move on to the next one (that also should have been published ~3 years ago). Wish me luck.

2 comments:

MJ said...

Congratulations Derek!! I'm psyched for ya! That's great news! You better go out and celebrate with one of those girls who are all over you all the time. ;)

Native Minnow said...

Thanks, I think. I would LOVE to go out and celebrate with one of those girls, if they existed.