Monday, March 06, 2006

Hard to find

I have a general mistrust for mechanics. After all, one played an instrumental role in the falling apart of my marriage. But all that aside, it seems like it's hard to find one who will actually be honest with you when you take your car in. Too many of them look around for extra things to fix that aren't really necessary, just so they can make more money off you.

Luckily, I've got a good mechanic here in Vegas. My car has been running a little strangely lately, so I took in in a few weeks ago to have it looked at. It was idleing weird at stoplights, and I was worried that there might be some problems with my fuel pump or something along those lines. Rather than just replacing my fuel pump, like a lot of places would have done, they looked around and saw that it was just a hose that had been disconnected. They replaced it, but only charged me for a half hour of labor (not the hose itself). It worked for a few days, but then my car started doing the same thing again so I took it back in today. This time they looked a little more deeply and saw that there were some other places where the connections weren't tight, and fixed that for me free of charge. I'm sure it didn't take them long to do, but most places would have tacked on another half hour or so of labor, just because they could.

If you ever have car problems in Vegas, call T & M Auto. They'll treat you right.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Where are they located? Anyone in particular I should speak to when it comes to working on my car?

PsychDoctor said...

Are you sure you weren't providing a little something to him on the side???