Wednesday, March 05, 2008

We drove out to the desert just to lie down beneath this bowl of stars

Professor: When you walked in and I saw your shoes I thought you were wearing fake Doc Martens.
Me: No, that light color's just dirt.
Professor: Where have you been playing in the dirt?
Me: When I was in Utah I took my kids to the shooting range, but it was quite muddy and I wasn't able to clean it off. This is the first time I've worn them since then.
Professor: You took your kids to the shooting range huh? You got two of 'em, right?
Me: Yeah, we got two of 'em. The third one got away. Mr. M. is hiding somewhere out in the desert.

I dont' think we need to worry about him coming back to turn us in though. He's probably succumbed to the elements already, but if not, he was dressed like a homeless child, so if anyone comes across him they'll think he's begging and refuse to offer help.

5 comments:

Karen said...

For a horrible moment there I thought you were going to launch into that dreadful desert story again.....

Mr M is the cutest little fellow EVER. I hope I find him, we could do with a little bit of testosterone in this household.

Jenny said...

is he armed?

Dee Ice Hole said...

He is armed---and very dangerous. We saw him later in the day we went to range but haven't seen him since.

mindy said...

Hmmm...I'm not sure if he looks quite like a homeless child. It's hard to tell without seeing the teeth.

He's just so darn cute!

Anonymous said...

CUTE ATTACK!!!!

He reminds me of little Christian Bale in Empire of the Sun.