Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The way the lazy do

Togers had his end of year band performance yesterday. He called me about an hour beforehand to tell me about it, so I didn't get to take any pictures, but least I made it.

The kids did a good job. It seems his school has a great music teacher*. It was incredible to see how much the kids have improved since their Christmas concert a few months ago. At the end of the performance, I thought about getting up from my seat to start a standing ovation, but then I thought about the effort that would require, and didn't.

I'm such a good dad!






*And he's not even gay or anything. Weird.

9 comments:

steph said...

awww, cute!i have had to sit through many horrible band performances for my students, and although some are great, mostly they are painful. you are lucky that one wasn't!!

repliderium.com said...

How do you know he isn't gay?

Lightning Strikes said...

Sweet!! Glad they did well!! Wish I could have seen Togers perform!

Anonymous said...

well not gay as far as you know...

just sayin

Native Minnow said...

Good point. He is married, but I know that's not a safe assumption to make. Especially not when it comes to music teachers. And politicians.

Bill From Gainesville said...

Like Seinfield says: Not that there is anything wrong with that

Kymical Reactions said...

This makes me think about how many recitals I made my parents sit through as a kid. sorry mom.

h said...

As a music teacher, he's probably given oral sex to dozens of guys. Not that doing that makes you gay.

Lillie said...

Yeah, I don't trust your gaydar.