Friday, July 25, 2008

You could follow logic or contest it all

If you haven't already guessed, I am always able to entertain myself, even while doing something as mundane as writing an exam. For example, here's a question that I put on the test my students will be taking today:


Consider the following chemical reaction: Fe + CuSO4 → FeSO4 + Cu. In this reaction, Iron (Fe) loses electrons and Copper (Cu) gains electrons. Copper is acting as a(n) _____________.

a) oxidizing agent
b) enzyme
c) reducing agent
d) deionizing agent
e) selfish jerk

6 comments:

h said...

Clever. Cu rocks.

Karen said...

I would so fail that exam...

Anonymous said...

What's the answer? C? I haven't had Chem in years....

mindy said...

My guess is C, too.
It's good to throw those things in on exams. I always appreciated them.

Anonymous said...

i'm guessing since copper is reduced, its an oxidizing agent. and selfish since it wants the electrons for itself. fucker.

Native Minnow said...

Anonymous is right.