Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'll only ever be a middle distance runner

Thoughts on treadmills (that I had while jogging on a treadmill):

- Treadmills are incredibly boring, but are a good way to ensure that you run the distance you're supposed to at the rate you're supposed to.
- Twenty minutes is a long time to spend on a treadmill.
- It's unrealistic to expect to be able to raise the speed by 1 1/2 miles per hour and then last the same amount of time as you could before.
- Nothing makes you want to endure to the end of twenty minutes on a treadmill than an attractive girl running on the treadmill next to you, even if you've sped it up.
- Nothing makes you want to give up and quit early more than the guy who's running twice as fast as you for twice as long.
- Ok, so maybe the attractive girl stopping and going elsewhere might also make you want to quit early.
- If you're talking on the phone while on a treadmill, you're obviously too attached to it.
- Nobody should wear a trucker hat while running on a treadmill.
- If your time on a treadmill alternates between you running forward and then running backward, then you are retarded.

8 comments:

silentkid said...

Running on treadmills is for the gays.

Anonymous said...

Nobody should wear a trucker hat. Period.

Mr. DNA said...

I'm not retarded! You're retarded!

Karen said...

I don't do running....period.

Anonymous said...

the trucker hat sound funny. maybe a little too ironic, though. forced irony is no good.

deputymomof6 said...

It makes me want to get off when the skinny bitch beside of me is running twice as fast as me, has been going at it twice as long, and she still looks great.

I want to get off and puke when a fat guy gets on next to me and I notice his footsteps. :( At least he is trying, right? WRONG!!

Generally, I will use any excuse to stop... I HATE running!!

PsychDoctor said...

I like working out at gyms with hot women...I can work out that way, or if there is competition...

mindy said...

I prefer the elliptical trainer. And I agree with deputymomof6--we all hate that woman.