Thursday, December 15, 2005

Headin' to the Poor House

I believe that this is the latest in the season that I have ever had the majority of my holiday shopping left to do. I normally try to finish up early and have most of my stuff purchased by a week after Thanksgiving. Every year I tell myself that I'm going to start picking things up throughout the year so that I won't have to spend a ton of extra money in December, but never seem to get that done. So here I am sitting here with a ton of shopping to do, and very little money in my checking account. I suppose of the two things I miss about my old job, having the extra money to spend around Christmas time sure did come in handy (the other would be the health and dental insurance). This year I think I'm going to have to take some money out of savings and hope that my tax return is big enough to replace it. That's probably not the smartest attitude to have towards money, but I'd hate for my kids to have a crappy Christmas. I'm sure they would hate that too.

No comments: