Friday, December 30, 2005

The Stars Aligned

I've introduced my kids to the game of Scrabble (I figure it's probably better for their minds than the PS2). It's kind of a tradition in our family to play it whenever a few of us get together. My mom has an amazing vocabulary so is pretty difficult to beat. However, today I scored higher than her every time we played. I was even able to play all 7 of my letters in two consecutive games and got the 50 bonus points added on to my score for those each time (the words FLAMINGO and BOOSTING in case you're wondering). It's almost a shame that I wasn't working on anything productive. I probably could have come up with a cure for AIDS, or solved world hunger. Maybe even both.

2 comments:

ShootingStar said...

No-- in my opinion sometimes there just ISN'T anything more important than a good game of scrabble

PsychDoctor said...

Buy the Hasbro Scrabble game for your computer...It has hints, and you can play expert computer players that show you how to rack up major points.