Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Breaking News

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good for my 100th post, but the timing just happened to be right for this news, which just happens to be pretty big. I got a call from my ex-wife the other day, and her boyfriend gave her a ring. She seems a little nervous about taking such a big step again, but she also seems happy. I'm happy for her. I hope she makes this one work (I told her when I first got a chance to see what he was like that she needed to make sure she didn't screw this one up).

I've mentioned on here before about how much I actually like the guy. He's the kind of person you hope an ex can find. That is, as long as you are still friends with your ex - if you're vindictive you probably like to see them with jerks, but there's more at stake here than my ex's happiness. There is also the happiness of my children to be concerned about. She's had several boyfriends since the two of us split up, but as far as I know, this is the only one that my kids have felt comfortable around and actually liked. How many guys do you know that wouldn't absolutely freak out when a 3 year old scribbles on the big screen HDTV with a marker, or puts a wood chip into the dvd player? His reaction to both those things was to drive my son to his mom's work so that she could talk to him about it - pretty cool. I don't know if I could have kept my cool like that given the situation. He also helps the older ones with their homework, and does a lot of the things I can't do for them since I live so far away. I'm grateful for that.

I haven't talked to my kids yet to see how they feel about their mom getting married, but they've mentioned to me before that they like this guy a lot, and that they don't ever want him and their mom to break up. Here's hoping that they don't.

6 comments:

ShootingStar said...

Hey Native Minnow this is a nice blog. I'm sure you've done alot of soul searching to come to this point, but the fact that you can write all of this says a lot about you as a person. I also hope things work out.

slimysculpin said...

so much for our parallel lives. i hope they aren't parallel to this point.

flieswithoutwings said...

That's awesome. You'll have to tell Em congratulations for me. From what I know of the groom-to-be he seems like a good addition to the family.

PsychDoctor said...

Is slimysculpin the groom? :) or is his ex getting married too...

Tell Emily congratulations for me. I know she has caused a lot of pain in your family, but it sounds like she is maybe getting more mature and stabilizing in her life. I hope things work out for the kids' sake. I am glad she found a decent guy, or maybe even better than decent. I know I wouldn't keep my cool if my kid jacked up my big screen hdtv and DVD player. :) However, if she still works where I last heard she worked, then he might have had ulterior motives for driving him to her work. The scenery isn't too bad down south :)

Native Minnow said...

No, slimy sculpin is happily married and has no ex (as far as I know) and was just commenting that he doesn't want to share in that part of my life since he and I seem to be on parallel tracks.

No, she doesn't work at the place you're thinking. In fact, hasn't for quite some time. I think that one was only for about 3 months or so.

PsychDoctor said...

Good, then he didn't have a hidden agenda. :)