Friday, May 05, 2006

Gimme some sugar, Sugar

Yesterday I had to go to a sexual harrassment seminar. Not because I sexually harrassed someone mind you, but because there have been "several incidents" of it in our department so it was mandatory for all graduate students to go. I guess it's good to periodically remind people how to be professional though. Especially around here.

At one point she told us "You don't want to have sex with students." I think that you can want to, the trouble doesn't start until you actually do.

She also said that showing facial expressions of a sexual nature constitute a hostile work environment - I guess that means you can't show your 'O' face at work.

Of course, few people seemed to take it seriously. After it was over one of my friends said, "You'd think they'd at least send a hot bitch over to talk to us about that stuff."

I took some notes of a few things I never thought I'd hear someone who was talking about sexual harrassment say. Understand that these are taken out of context, but it's funnier that way, at least if you have a dirty mind.
  • Many of you are students who also teach . . . that means you get it coming and going.
  • If you want a good performance evaluation you'll have sex with me.
  • There's a transferring that must take place.
  • That's the last time I give someone an uninvited neck massage to help relieve stress.
  • Everybody can harrass everybody (doesn't that sound like permission?)
  • The person in the position of power needs to be the one who makes the move.
  • I'm going to grab you from behind and bend you over.

5 comments:

flieswithoutwings said...

At the old computer job, they had a film showing several scenes of "what not to do" including the messages and one scene with a hand on a butt.

It seems like those meetings always push you to the brink of wanting to make inappropriate jokes rather than discouraging you.

Lauren said...

I heard allllllllllll about this last night. Man...can the department be any more amusing??

PsychDoctor said...

I had a strange experience at a jail near my home..I was observing an inmate to see how he behaved on the unit and was talking to the officer. His coworker arrived at the door and he said, "That's my partner...she's got the finest pair of tits you ever will see."

I was shocked that he would say something like that to a stranger, a psychologist, and someone who might report it to a supervisor. I found it odd.

Native Minnow said...

But the real question is, were they the finest pair?

PsychDoctor said...

No comment...she was a bit on the heavy side, but you know what that says about upstairs...