Sunday, July 23, 2006

Running out of money and time

I was talking to a girl from work the other day about when my kids were in town. She was asking about how often I got to see them, some of the things we did while they were here, etc. At some point in the conversation I told her that I usually don't get much sleep while they're here because they take over my bedroom and I have to sleep downstairs on the couch. I don't know how much my kids like it either, because the two older ones have to alternate between sleeping in my bed with the three year old and on an air mattress on the floor.

Her: "You're bed isn't big enough for all three of them?"
Me: "No."
Her: "What size of bed do you have? Just a double?"
Me: "How about just a twin."
Her: "Oh, that's sad."
Me: "Well, I haven't bought anything bigger since my divorce because when I do I want to get something really nice, probably an entire bedroom set, not just a metal frame and mattress, but I can't afford that yet. Besides, it's not like there's a steady stream of women coming in and out that I need to impress."
Her: "Have you seen 'The 40 Year Old Virgin?' You're kind of like that, except you're not a virgin. It's more like 30 year old loser."

I love the people I work with. They're such self esteem boosters.

5 comments:

flieswithoutwings said...

Despite being at your expense, that was pretty funny. But I was certain it was leading up to the question: How do you have threesomes on a twin bed?

Native Minnow said...

Consider that my shocking twist, a la M. Night Shyamalan.

I know that my blog has gotten dirty lately, but I can't help it if most of the things I think are funny also happen to be vulgar. Those of you who know me know that isn't really anything new though.

Lauren said...

HA! You have a smart friend.

Keetha said...

Ouch - that was a little harsh.

PsychDoctor said...

Aren't you a 31-year-old loser? JK