Saturday, July 29, 2006

Wait for it, wait for it, give it some time

I'm not sure exactly how it happens, but it seems that every time I happen to utter the words "I don't want to be out too late" before going out with my friends, I end up being out too late. It never fails, and last night was no exception.

Right now I am swamped with work, but last night around 7:00 I decided to take a break and meet up with some friends. I told them I was only going to stay for an hour or two, get some dinner, and then go home and do some more reading. Somehow that turned into me just walking through my door at 10:34 a.m. I'm not going to go into the details right now, but it was for good reasons (and no, it did not involve hanky panky - unfortunately).

While we were out, we were giving one of our friends a hard time about something, and she said, "I hate you guys. But, you know I love you too."

One of my other friends perked up and said, "Did she just say she loves us?"

I replied, "Yeah, but don't get your hopes up. I think she was talking about love without friction."

"You mean like real fairy tale love? Like, we're friends and I care about you and shit?"

No comments: