Wednesday, October 18, 2006

He's going the distance

The other night a friend of mine and I went to watch the Monday Night Football game. Just as we were leaving school his mom called him, so he was talking to her as we walked. Apparently I was walking too fast because he took the phone away from his ear just long enough to say something to me about it:

Him: "What, are you running a fucking race?"
Me: "You can't talk like that with your mom on the phone."
His Mom: "What are you laughing at?"
Him: "I'm laughing at [Native Minnow]. He's walking fast, so I asked him if he was running a fucking race. He said that I can't talk like that with you on the phone."
His Mom: "Am I going to have to give you the lecture? You weren't raised to use language like that."
Him: "Sure. I didn't learn any of those words until I moved to Vegas."

No comments: