Monday, December 11, 2006

What's that blue thing doing here?

My mother used to have a saying she would use any time she was annoyed with our efforts to help around the house (or lack thereof). Come to think of it, that was most of the time.

No matter what the situation was, her response was always the same. If she walked into the bathroom and the toilet was unflushed? If the kitchen garbage was filled to overflowing? When she found the empty bowls of ice cream my brother had left under his bed? If someone stepped in dog crap and tracked it into the house without cleaning it up?

She'd look at the mess and say, "Now that is what I call the height of laziness."

I wonder what she'd say if I told her that when I reheat things in the microwave I do it for a minute and eleven seconds rather than a minute because I don't want to take the time to move my finger over to the zero.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is "The height of laziness"

Anonymous said...

Well I'm so lazy I won't even use the microwave because something might explode in there and I would have to scrub it out. But I will spend hours on myspace sending out invites. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing...it's not laziness, it's efficiency... :)

Oh, and did you forget, "Are your arms painted on?" :)

Inklings said...

You guys keep reminding me of things I don't even remember saying, but that is the height of laziness. :0) Oh yeah, and are your fingers painted on?

Delirious said...

Oh my gosh! I do that too! And if it is two minutes...it is 2:22. Three minutes...3:33. Blame my husband...he started me on this.

Anonymous said...

I had to warm something up today, and instead of hitting :35...you got it :33... :)

Inklings said...

Wait a minute.....isn't the zero button RIGHT NEXT TO the start button?

deputymomof6 said...

That is the height of laziness if I have ever seen..... I am also keeping a photo diary of the height of laziness my husband exhibits so that when I break down and hire a maid, I will have my evidence as to why I need one......