Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Cinnamon and sugary and softly spoken lies

One of my friends bought her boyfriend a Nintendo Wii for Valentine's Day. I've gone over to their house a couple of times in the past week to play it. It's a lot of fun, and I have to say that I applaud Nintendo's effort to whip all the little fat American kids into shape. The system is really cool, and I even felt a little sore the day after I played it for the first time. Kind of pathetic, but you try boxing with your friends in Wii life (iwl; as opposed to in real life, or irl) and see if the same doesn't happen to you.

One of the things you do before you start playing the Wii is create a character (a mii). It's cool because you can make your character resemble your looks very closely. I'm pretty sure that anyone who knows me could see my character on the TV screen and recognize that it's me. Anyway, since my friend knew that I was coming over, she started to create my character for me, but once I arrived let me finish it. I made a few changes, but for the most part she was spot on. One change that I made was the eye color. When she saw me do that she said, "Oh, you have green eyes, not blue. I'm such a bad friend."

Now, in her defense, most people don't get a good look at my eyes because usually what they're seeing looks like this:



Furthermore, I don't define friendship as being able to remember the color of one's eyes. It's one of those details that I rarely pay attention to. I probably couldn't even tell you what color half my friends' eyes are. Maybe I'm the bad friend.

The last time anyone mentioned anything about my eyes was the last time I had lunch with the girl I had a huge crush on (I say "had" even though if I saw her today it would probably come back to the present tense). She told me that I had pretty eyes, but that is far from true. For one thing, I have a pinguicula on each eye. Not the carnivorous plants of the same name mind you, but a yellowish bump that forms on the white of the eye. Those are unnoticable by most people, but they're there nonetheless. The most glaring part about my eyes (lame pun intended) is that they are the color of cow manure, hence making it impossible for my eyes to be considered "pretty."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure your eye didn't just get sunburned? That can cause a yellowish thing on your white of your eye...and they can be removed but they usually don't.
Is that an actual picture of you because your eyes look blue there.

Native Minnow said...

Ok, so it was a failed experiment in photoshop. I thought it would be funny to replace each of my eyes with a cow pie, but it obviously didn't work out.

Anonymous said...

Cowpie eyes is totally freaking me out.

deputymomof6 said...

And they are NOT the color of cow dung!! You do have pretty eyes. It's a nice family trait!!

Anonymous said...

"are"
Cowpie eyes "are" totally freaking me out.

I should proof read.

Lauren said...

YOUR eye color is the color of cow manure? You obviously haven't seen mine, which are the color of shit!

That means they're brown, genius.

Anonymous said...

Next time in photoshop hit Ctrl-U...there is a box called colorize or something like that in the bottom right corner...check the box, then adjust the hue and saturation sliders until you get the color of manure... :) Psycho

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm in your blog!! You can refer to me by name, ya know. Yes, I am Jen and I have a Wii :-) I want to go bowling IRL sometime this week. Call me! Wanna play with me and markus on Tuesday? let me know!..Now that you mention it, you really do wear sun glasses a lot!!!