Saturday, March 03, 2007

We'll build a bonfire with whatever's dry

Last night a group of us went to a dry lake bed south of town and had a big bonfire. I got there much later than everyone else, so I missed the good old fashioned book burning, but still had a great time. I pretty much have fun any time I'm able to sit and watch stuff burn.

At one point during the night, one of the girls that was there was starting to tire out, so she wrapped herself in a blanket, sat by the fire and began to doze off. Shortly after that someone else came along and threw a wood pallet on the fire to get the flames good and high again. Some of the flames were getting a little too close to her blanket, so I pointed that out to her boyfriend.

Me: I think your girlfriend's a little too close to the fire.
Him: Yeah?
Me: Yeah. You might want to have a talk with her. I think her exact words were "I'd rather light myself on fire than spend another night with [him]."
Him: Is that so?
Me: Yeah, and you know what else?
Him: What?
Me: She's not the only one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny...
So did he let her burn, then?