Thursday, July 05, 2007

So I'm drinkin' drinkin' drinkin' drinkin' Coca Coca Cola

I celebrated Independence Day by writing a final exam. I'm not sure this one's hard enough to make people cry, but we'll see. Around lunch time my friend sent me a text message asking if I wanted to join him for lunch. I said yes, and we met up at a deli we frequent.

Usually I try to go with the healthier choices on the menu, but since it was a holiday and all, I figured I'd get something different: a pulled pork sandwich.

Friend: Wow. That's not something you'd normally get.
Me: I know, but I saw someone with it the last time we came here and I thought it looked good.
Friend: It does look good, but it's not very healthy.
Me: Well, it is the 4th of July. I'm celebrating America by celebrating obesity.

3 comments:

Native Minnow said...

Don't think that I'm not terrified of what anonymous comment I might be going to get about pulled pork.

Anonymous said...

wow, my mind wasn't going there at all, but now dirty images of pulled pork are all I can think about!

steph said...

you should head south -- bbq is all these people eat here! somehow, surprisongly and maybe it's beacuse we're by the beach -- they don't get fat from it. seriously.