Friday, September 28, 2007

drink drink to no big surprise

Today I had lunch with a friend who lives in Portland. It's the first time I've seen her in about a year. We've had plans to hang out a couple of times, but something always seems to get in the way. The last time she was in town was the day my car broke down. I thought I was going to get to hang out with her a little bit on the way back from British Columbia, but she had a family reunion to go to the days I was passing through. Anyway, we were finally able to avoid a scheduling conflict, and even though it was just a short lunch, it was nice to catch up a little bit.

During our visit, we had the following exchange:

Me: So, are you going out with your friends tonight?
Her: Yeah. In fact, one of them is coming by to pick me up at four. I'm staying at her house so I don't have to drive someone else's car. We thought it would be easiest if she just swung by on her way home from work and took me with her then. That way she doesn't have to drive all the way across town twice.
Me: Makes sense.
Her: We have a few errands to run, including a stop to pick up liquor. Then we have to go and make ourselves pretty.
Me: Is that what the liquor's for?

I wonder if it'll be another year before I see her again.

3 comments:

PsychDoctor said...

No...the liquor is for the men...haven't you heard of "beer goggles?" lol

AnoMALIE said...

ouch.

You're just too smooth with the ladies, Minnow.

steph said...

yes, the liquor is to make everyone else look pretty!