Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Somebody save me, I don't care how you do it

Sometimes it's best to think before opening your mouth so as not to seem like a jerk.

For example, it can be funny to say, "Again?" if somebody tells you they ate all the cookies. It can be funny to say, "Again?" if somebody tells you they think they're pregnant. However, it's not very funny to say "Again?" if that person has recently had a miscarriage.

Also, it can be funny to say, "Your Mom" when somebody asks who you were just talking with on the phone, or asks who that was with the basketball team, or even what you did last night. However, that response is completely inappropriate if the person you're saying it to lost both parents when they were young.

Learn from my mistakes people.

8 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

Both good scenarios for discretion, eh? Yep. That's the problem with sayings that you can tack on almost anywhere - sometimes you can't, but the brain automatically thinks otherwise. I know the feeling.

steph said...

i can't believe you said the first scenario.

but the second one is...i almost wrote hilarious, because it's NOT...but....

Manuel said...

life lessons for us all .....bwahahahaha

now stop listening to muse...bloody awful band.....

Jenny said...

Been there. Done that.

now to listen to that awful music.....

Karen said...

Don't you just want the ground to open up and swallow you whole? Ouch....

Delirious said...

You need to find a more generic reply. I say going back to "Whatev"...or whatev that reply was. ;)

BlazngScarlet said...

Just smile and wave.
Works for me.

silentkid said...

Your mom again? I'm kinda going to defend Muse here. I used to hate them. But that's cause I didn't listen to them. I fell on the "they're ripping off Radiohead" bandwagon. Now I listen to them. And I like them. But I understand why many don't.