Tuesday, December 23, 2008

She's arching her back she screams for more

It's been a while since I last shared any of my music with any of you. I meant to post this mix a long time ago, but apparently I never got around to actually doing it. Better late than never though, right? It's a mix I put together for an ex-girlfriend who'd moved to Germany, hence the title: Since She Went Away (click to download).

It's dated, but remains one of my favorites*.

Track Titles/Artist Names
Magheeta - My Morning Jacket
Me vs. Maradonna vs. Elvis - Brand New
Rapture - Pedro the Lion
Consequence Free - Great Big Sea
The Guitar Man - Cake
Static on the Radio - Jim White
Mr. Brightside - The Killers
That's Me Trying - William Shatner
Easy - Faith No More
Hey Pretty (Remix) - Poe
Bend and Break - Keane
Rue the Day - The Walkmen
Gravity Rides Everything - Modest Mouse
Sweet Jane - Cowboy Junkies
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - U2


Enjoy!







*All except for one song which I'm embarrassed to have on there. I skip it every time I play this cd now. I'll let you try to guess which one it is.

6 comments:

h said...

U2 is the most over-rated over-hyped group of semi-literate untalented hacks ever. So, I'm hoping you skip their song which I've never heard of but that doesn't really matter because of their tripe sounds the same.

But it's probably the Shatner song.

Native Minnow said...

Nope. You got it right. It's actually worse to have a U2 song on a mix you give a girl than it is to have a Coldplay song on there. Believe it or not, the Shatner song is pretty good. Of course, it helps to have Ben Folds and Aimee Mann singing background vocals.

Jenny said...

A Native sountrack! Thanks!

Merry Christmas. :-)

Manuel said...

keane.....or the killers.....either one......have a good xmas mr minnow....

Anonymous said...

Hey you...I just wanted to come over and wish my favourite fish boy a fantastic christmas. Have a great one Minnow. Big hugs and kisses xoxoxo

steph said...

I LOVE Faith No More's version of Easy!! Long ago, I saw them in concert with Tool. It was mosh-tastic.

Merry Christmas!!