Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Hard to look innocent when I've got cookie crumbs all over my face

My mom bakes a lot. When we were kids, and she'd end up with extra frosting, she'd usually make "cookies" by spreading the frosting onto graham crackers. It's delicious. She's always had cookies whenever she's had kids around, and last weekend was no exception. Just before we left, she put a bunch of frosted graham crackers into a ziplock bag for us to have on the drive home.

Mr M ate the most. As he was finishing the last one he asked me about them.

Mr M: Dad? Are these gran-cookies?

Me (thinking he'd said graham): Sure. You could call them that.

Mr M: Are they made out of grandkids?

10 comments:

steph said...

awesome.

Heff said...

Hmmm. Frosting on graham crackers. Must try.

Anonymous said...

my mom did the same thing with the extra frosting. i had forgotten about those. yum.

Haiku Master said...

Tenderness of youth.
Not just a figure of speech.
Donner clan cookbook.

Native Minnow said...

That might be the best Haiku I've ever read.

Amber said...

yeah we always had those kind of cookies, LOL - I think it's funny when I told someone about it one day they thought it was gross LOL

Inklings said...

You spread the frosting on one graham cracker, then top with another cracker. You know, like Oreos. :0)

Mr. M must have been a little worried - he was probably wondering if the other 5 grandkids really DID move back with their parents. :0)

silentkid said...

Those are the best. My mom used to make them too. But you have to put them in the fridge until they get nice and cold. That's the way to eat them.

Anonymous said...

Scott likes the oreo cookie frosting on Grahams...well before he found out he was allergic to milk. :)

Lightning Strikes said...

Definitely yummy! I love our mom! :D