Friday, October 16, 2009

A date in Constantinople

Friend: We should go see a movie.

Me: Is there anything good playing? I haven't paid much attention lately. The last movie I saw was Inglorious Basterds.

Friend: That movie was awesome.

Me: Yeah, I liked it. I didn't call you when I went because it was a spur of the moment thing, so I went by myself.

Friend: I did the same thing.

Friend's Lab Mate: Last time I went to a movie by myself, some middle eastern guy kept trying to pick up on me.

Friend: Having a middle eastern man try to pick up on me would be a significant upswing in my love life. It would be a self esteem booster because I'd at least feel validated in some perverse sort of way.

5 comments:

Kymical Reactions said...

there are some middle eastern men who run a little food shop in my office complex. They give me free stuff all the time. I wonder if that means they are trying to pick up on me. Hummm. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Lightning Strikes said...

Hee hee There is a Middle Eastern guy that owns a sandwich shop and co-owns a bar with his brother, he's ALWAYS giving me free sandwiches and telling me he wants to be my "Sugar Daddy" lol although I think he tells this to ALL the girls that come through.

Kymical Reactions said...

Whew! I'm glad it's not just me. Although, now this has reached a new level of creepy.

Native Minnow said...

Point of clarification: My friend was male, which is the only way this is funny.

Amber said...

the middle eastern man at Wal-mart always hits on me - it creeps me out