Wednesday, December 07, 2005

True Player

I ran into a former student of mine yesterday and we got on the subject of relationships. She's just broken up with her boyfriend so was feeling pretty down. I tried to give her some encouragement about how things will get better in time, she'll find someone new, etc. but I doubt it did much to cheer her up.

She asked me about how my relationships were going I told her that I didn't have any, but that there was a girl I'm interested in. I just don't know if there's much chance for it to go anywhere. She replied to this by calling me a player. Apparently in her opinion I haven't waited long enough to even be thinking about a new girlfriend. I'm not sure exactly what the right amount of time is, but I'm pretty sure that since it's been nearly 15 months since the last time I've even seen my ex-girlfriend, it's been plenty of time. If anyone has any tips on exactly what the appropriate amount of time to wait is, by all means clue me in.

After this girl called me a player I reminded her that in order to be a player, I would actually have to get women. Since that doesn't seem to be the case, I don't really think the word applies. I guess that like everything else there are people who are good at what they do, and people who aren't. It's possible that I am indeed a player, just not a very good one.

No comments: