Sunday, February 19, 2006

Andre was robbed


I know that I'm much too old to care about this sort of thing, but I did watch the contests associated with the NBA's all-star weekend last night and think that they crowned the wrong guy as the slam dunk champion. The judges gave it to Nate Robinson, but anyone who was watching knows that Andre Iguodala had the best dunk of the night by far. It isn't often that you see someone do something new in this contest, so when it happens I think it ought to count for more. I'm also not as impressed when someone pulls off a dunk that looks spectacular, but only after failing to do it ten times beforehand. I think in future dunk contests they ought to limit the number of missed dunks a contestant can have. That would keep it more interesting. And I'm sure the NBA cares what I think.

No comments: