Monday, March 13, 2006

Keepin' it real (sorta')

This post is for my friend flieswithoutwings. He and I used to draw little cartoons and stuff in our notes when class would get too boring. I just wanted to show him how little things have changed since then. I came across these as I was cleaning off my desk. They're from a symposium I attended a few months ago.

Someone gave a talk in which they referred to the 'beefier' composite flowers. I'm assuming they get that way by eating their spinach (hence the can). It was an interesting choice of words since I tend to think of beef as, um, well, meat.A friend of mine studies mosses. He talked about skewed sex ratios in desert mosses, and we all know how susceptible desert ecosystems are to the actions of humans. I'm sure the female mosses would be quite upset by this depiction.
I don't really know why I drew these next two. It certainly wasn't related to any of the talks. I must have just had Thanksgiving on my mind or something.

4 comments:

MJ said...

Bored? Too much time on your hands bud.

Native Minnow said...

Should I fill in the blank with 'blogging?'

flieswithoutwings said...

Very nice, but pretty tame compared to the compelling subject matter of "A Boy and his Zit (parts 1 and 2)" or the villain on the rocket-powered toilet. I get bored so much but never seem to have a paper and pencil handy.

They sure don't pay me to think. Maybe someday.

mindy said...

So, in some weird cosmic connection, I saw your little "I'm all alone..." cartoon immediately after the TMBG "All Alone" song played on my iTunes. Crazy!