Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Not just me

I went to a seminar that covered the essentials of searching for a job in academia. I'm nowhere near graduation yet, but they were covering some things that I've often wondered about, such as things to consider before applying, tips on landing an interview, etc. The main one I was interested in was how to negotiate a better contract once an offer is on the table.

I went to it with a friend, and we were the youngest ones in the room (for a change).

When we went to sit down I didn't notice that there was a slight dip in the floor so I stumbled. One woman came in and sat right in front of us, and did the same thing. Then another one. She looked at the first woman and said "Oh Jesus! There's a step right there." The first woman replied "If you don't know it, you could break a leg."

Immediately after that a really old lady came into the room. My friend leaned over, nodded and said "Oh, she's goin' down."

1 comment:

Native Minnow said...

She was too far away for us to do anything. Luckily, she didn't fall. I probably would have laughed to myself, but would have immediately felt bad about it :-)