Thursday, April 20, 2006

When the last thing you see is the first thing you should

I was walking across campus with a friend when we saw two girls walking toward us. We couldn't see any distinguishing characters because they were about a block away from us, but I looked at my friend and said, "I bet the girl in the red is cuter than the girl in gray."

He replied, "I bet you're wrong. I think the girl in the gray is cuter."

As they started to get closer I began wondering if I'd made the wrong call. "On second thought, maybe you're right. Maybe the girl in gray is cuter. I guess we'll find out."

We finally got close enough to see them, and as they passed by us my friend turned to me and said "Or they could just be identical twins."

What are the odds of that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How odd! I'd have guessed the red shirted girl was cuter, too. Isn't gray for people who want to blend into walls?

mindy

Native Minnow said...

Nope, brunettes.