Sunday, April 16, 2006

Where was Peter Cottontail?

I was on the phone with my daughter about how their Easter was going. She told me that she got a bunch of candy and a new shirt in her basket. I told her that the Easter Bunny didn't make it to my house so I wondered what happened.

She said "He's probably still mad at you because you killed one of his friends." She was referring to a time when we were visiting my parents and had gone with them to visit my grandparents. I was driving their car on the way back when a rabbit ran out in front of the car and I ran it over. I didn't feel too bad about it other than the fact that my kids thought it was gross (after all, it happens all the time).

A few months later I saw my parents' car was missing a big chunk of plastic from the bottom part of the front bumper. I asked my mom what had happened there, and she said it was from when I hit the rabbit. Then I felt bad.

Now I feel even worse, since the Easter Bunny is boycotting my house because of it.

2 comments:

mindy said...

Pssst, Minnow, I think there is something your parents should have told you....email me and I'll fill you in on what you should have learned 25 years ago. ;o)

PsychDoctor said...

I had to give my easter basket to our kids' friend who spent the week here. :) We realized last night that we hadn't gotten her anything.
Ryan