Monday, May 29, 2006

Desperado, why don't you come to your senses?

When I'm watching t.v. I have to wonder how desperate actors have to be for work to agree to be in certain commercials. Two recent examples are the Burger King commercials where there's a whole family dressed up in hamburger suits made of rubber, and the pepto bismol commercials where the people are motioning to parts of their bodies while the symptoms that pepto treats are chanted.

I'm fairly sure that people do these because they need the money, and not because they feel like it's their 'big break' into the industry. After all, is any casting director really going to say:

"I loved your work as the 'Whopper Jr.' where you mouth off to your dad and say "I wish you'd never been broiled." I think you'd be perfect for the lead part in this new blockbuster of mine."

or,

"We've been looking all over Hollywood for someone with the right look, and the way you grabbed your butt to simulate that you had diarrhea in that pepto commercial convinced us that you're the only one who could pull it off."

People should use more discretion when choosing their roles. If every actor turned down the roles in those stupid commercials, then maybe I wouldn't have to watch them. Maybe they could also save their dignity, but that's a secondary issue.

1 comment:

PsychDoctor said...

This blog is freaking hilarious...