Monday, May 01, 2006

Something I can never have

Rumor has it that one of my students has a thing for me. I don't know which one, but she actually mentioned it to the professor in person and in writing. He sent me an email to goad me about it some, but wouldn't give me any details about who she is, or what she said. He just said she was pretty and seemed to like me A LOT.

I saw him in the hallway the next day and asked him about it. He still wouldn't tell me anything. Instead he told me to come by his office sometime so I could read it myself. That way he wouldn't spoil it for me.

Me: "Ok, let's go up there and you could show me right now."
Him: "I can't. I'll show you after you're done teaching."
Me: "But the semester ends next week. How am I supposed to ask her out on the last day of class if I don't know who she is by then?"

No comments: