Friday, June 23, 2006

And if you feel a little left behind

I hate saying goodbye. I'm not very good at it, but I just had to say it to some friends of mine. They're leaving town tomorrow morning, for good. I don't know, it's something about finally graduating and getting a real job or some lame thing like that. Things are going to be different around here without them around, there's no question about that.

As a group we've been trying to hang out a little more than usual over the past week. It's one of those things that just seems to happen when you know it's going to be your last chance to do something. I had lunch with my friend yesterday, and as we were finishing up and heading back to our offices one of my friends asked him if we were going to hang out last night, since it was the last time we could before the movers came.

Lame-O moving friend: "I want to, but we'll have to do it earlier in the afternoon. I can't do it at night because my wife has a party with people from work. Maybe you guys can come, I'll see if there's going to be any free stuff."

Me (at the same time that he was saying the bit about the free stuff): "Are there going to be boobies? Because you can definitely count me in if there are. Especially if they're free."

Lame-O moving friend: "In my experience there's no such thing as free boobies. There's always some kind of a cost."

Truer words have never been spoken.

That's the kind of wisdom that I'll be missing out on from this point on.

No comments: