Saturday, June 24, 2006

I sincerely miss those heavy metal bands

If you're forming a new band, and are trying to come up with a name for yourselves, you should probably keep the following in mind. First of all, you're going to want to come up with something that will allow people to find you easily via a Google search. That means that you want to keep it short, and it can't be too common. There's a band that I like called The Sun, but I've never been to their website because I can't find it. When I've performed the search all I've come up with is about 50 million different newspapers from around the country, and I'm not going to go through all the effort of sorting through those results to find it.

The second thing you'll want to keep in mind is that you should probably keep the name clean enough to be said on the radio. You know, just in case you ever have a hit single. Bands with cursewords in their names aren't quite going to cut it. At least not in the uber-conservative U.S.

Most of all, you DO NOT want to end up on a list like this one, which lists the worst band names of the year (so far). I mean sure, Here Comes Old Vodka Tits is funny, but maybe it's better left as an album name or a song title.

2 comments:

PsychDoctor said...

You suck at internet searches... :)

Here is their official website...

http://www.myspace.com/thesun

If I can do anything else for you, just let me know...

Anonymous said...

I'm going to name my rock band Bronson M.O. There's a town in Missouri called Bransen but that's not what I'm going for here. Bronson as in Charles Bronson and M.O. as in modus operandi or how Charles Bronson kicks everyone's collective ass. Does this fit the criteria?