Monday, June 19, 2006

I will only complicate you

My car battery died the other day. It wasn't a big deal, in fact I consider myself lucky that my battery has lasted this long. The Vegas heat is very tough on them, and the average life is around two years. I've had mine almost four. The only bad thing was that I didn't have the time to deal with it right then, so had a friend give me a ride to work. The next day my roommate let me borrow his old car so that I could get to work and then have something to run around in to take care of fixing my car. I appreciate his kindness, but let's just say that a Metro is not going to be high on my list the next time I'm looking to buy a new car (as an aside, my roommate told me that he had to drive it somewhere the other day and thought to himself "I can't believe I used to drive this piece of shit.").

I left work early that day and drove the Metro back home and jump started my car so I could drive it to Sears and get a new battery (and no, the irony is not lost on me considering my post a few days ago where I was complaining about chain stores taking over - especially since the reason I went there was so that I could get a good warranty that would follow me wherever I end up). They replaced it no problem and I was on my way with only one glitch: The CD player wasn't working.

Anybody who knows me knows that this is a big deal. I must have my music. I tried putting the face on a few different times, in case it was a bad connection, but it still didn't work. It dawned on me that I may have blown a fuse when I jumped my car, so decided to check the fuses. But they were all fine. I started getting nervous then, and figured I'd have to take it to a car audio place so that they could fix what was wrong.

Then I decided to try the power button. It's amazing what those things can do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dumbass!!! Don't worry - I do worse things before eight in the morning on a daily basis. That's why I have simple elctronics!

S

Anonymous said...

Like making spelling mistakes while calling someone else a dumbass!!!!

Feel better about yourself now?!

S

Lindsay Logic said...

Just be lucky yours isn't like mine...I have a code I have to enter when the power source is taken away from the radio. (Theft protection) Since my car was used, I had to pay $30 to take it to the car dealer to have it re-programmed the first time my battery went dead. **L**