Monday, July 31, 2006

But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game

Let me tell you a story that will immediately prompt you to start praying for my soul. It happened quite some time ago, but I forgot about it until the other day when a friend of mine brought it up.

The two of us were walking when we got cut off by a guy in a wheelchair. When it happened, I leaned over to my friend and muttered "Do you mind? I'm trying to walk here."

It was another one of those moments when my friend (who is agnostic) was afraid to walk next to me for fear of being struck by lightening. I'm pretty sure I'm going to Hell, but you have to admit, that is funny.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so asking Karma to pay you a visit....

Native Minnow said...

I've already been bitch slapped by Karma a few times, so I'm really not that afraid.

PsychDoctor said...

I was at a recognition luncheon where the old and new interns were being honored. They were reading names and having the new interns stand up. They called the name of a girl in a wheelchair, and I said to another intern, "What? Is she too good to stand up like everyone else?" I was just kidding of course...

flieswithoutwings said...

You guys are wimps, the other day six-year-old Ethan saw an amputee exit a store as we entered and he yelled, "Dad! Look at that guy's robot leg. It's so cool!"

Native Minnow said...

Hey, I'm no wimp. When I was six I went up to a guy who had a tracheotomy and had to talk through one of those electronic boxes and asked, "Hey mister, are you from space?"

Native Minnow said...

And yes, in a roundabout way, I'm calling Ethan a wimp. He had to yell it across the parking lot because he didn't dare go up and say it to the guy's face.

PsychDoctor said...

You actually said, "Hey Mister! Are you from Outer Space?" :)

Anonymous said...

My favorite line from There's Something About Mary: "I work with retards."