Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Evaluate me

It's time for another round of Native Minnow's favorite things from his teaching evaluations. I've been lazy, so I'm lumping Spring Semester and Summer Session into the same post. (Remember that all of these are in their original form, misspelled words and all. Also keep in mind that we're really asking for constructive criticism on these evaluations, although we rarely get any other than "make quizzes easier.").

SPRING SEMESTER
What was your favorite exercise and why?
-Digesting the pig. I found it to be most interesting.
-Cutting up the pig. Was fun to play scientist/doctor on something that was living (please note, the pigs were not actually living).
-Dissect fecal pig.
-Plant labs. They didn't smell.

What was your least favorite exercise and why?
Fetal pigs. I see nothing to be gained from examining a farm animal's insides.

What is the major weakness of the lab?
-It has a slow start, not very fun to be in.
-Jumping directly from plants to animals (is there really any other kind of transition you can make here?).
-Doesn't do enough bench presses.

How would you assess your lab instructor's ability in making things understandable, and their willingness to help?
-Always there to help, it was almost a symbiotic relationship.

How could he/she improve?
-Give away more chocolate in the last lab.
-No more fish shirts, die his hair blue.
-Get a biology tattoo. Dedication counts.
-Grow 2" in height. He isn't tall enough (I'm 6' 4")

What were his/her strong points?
-Those awesome fish shirts he wears (it seems they were divided on this issue).
-Wow, a smart intelligent science teacher with a personality.

SUMMER SESSION
Comments about (strengths and weaknesses) the instructor, course, assignments, textbook, etc.
- [He] is way cool to the max. No glaring weaknesses, but him always wearing sandals is just a little weird. [He] Rulez!
-He is a very nice instructor. I understood his lecture much more better than any of my past biology teachers.
-He is very cute super guy.
-Great job man! We should talk more about fermentation.
-He clarified my understanding of meiosis in two minutes. Thank you.
-He's HOT!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Smart?

Grow taller?

HOT?!?

Derek. Stop giving your students crack.

I would, however, like to see your hair blue. Although Kelly still reigns on that. And yeah, get a biology tattoo. I know I would.

PsychDoctor said...

Better ratings than I got when i taught abnormal psychology and adjustment psychology. :)

mindy said...

Those are classic. I love that people would even bother to comment (or notice) your fish shirts & constant sandal wearing.