Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I've destroyed the bond of friendship and respect between the only people left who even look me in the eye

Someone in the department sent out an email the other day stating that they had a mattress for a king size bed that was too soft for them so they were giving it away to anyone that wanted it. One of my friends claimed it on behalf of her roommate (who has no furniture and had been sleeping on a Thermarest for the past month or two). Since the mattress was a king sized one, and since my friend is kind of short, she asked me and another friend of mine (who has a truck) to help her move it to her house. Being the kind men that we are, we agreed.

Over the weekend we had a big thunderstorm come through. When we got to the house to pick up the mattress, my friend noticed that his truck was dirty because he hadn't gotten around to washing it yet.

Him (to her): "I hope you don't mind, it's a little dirty in the back."
Me: "It's ok, I heard she likes it dirty."
Him: "In the back."

We found some plastic to line the bed of the truck with in order to keep it clean.

4 comments:

PsychDoctor said...

It's too bad you are becoming a dirty old man...I was just talking to the secretaries today about a psychiatrist who always comes up behind them and touches their shoulders...we wonder if he has a bra strap fetish...I made the comment that I hope I don't ever become a creepy old man...

It's too late for you... :)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I'm not sure if it's really a creepy old man, or a delusional woman who thinks that everyone wants her. I know a girl like that at work. I'm going to have to blog about it....

Anonymous said...

I may have blogged about it in the past, but I'm going to blog about it again. It needs to be said.

Native Minnow said...

I was talking about the mattress.

Pervs ;-)