Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Every form of refuge has its price

Last weekend I learned that you should never offer someone a dollar amount that you don't really want to pay them to do something unless you're certain that they won't do it.

One of my friends had a pool party at her house the other day, and a lot of the people I work with showed up with their families. It was fun, but as soon as I walked out and sat by the pool, one of the teenagers came up and rubbed cheese all over my back. Not cool. I told him I was going to pay him back, and the first opportunity I got, I threw him in the pool - fully dressed.

He changed clothes and put the wet ones in the dryer, then changed back when they had fully dried. Later he was standing by the pool again, and so I told a girl that was the same age as him that I'd give her $20 to go push him in. I did so thinking that she was a nice girl, and wouldn't want to do it, but I forgot how much $20 is to a 15 year old. Everyone has their price, so she went and did it.

I don't regret it. I just wonder if I could have gotten her to do it for $10.

1 comment:

PsychDoctor said...

That is exactly what I thought...Would a temporary tattoo be good enough?