Monday, August 21, 2006

Leaving Las Vegas

Last night I went to dinner with a friend who is moving away at the end of the week. I've tried to eat healthy ever since I found out my cholesterol was borderline high almost two years ago. I usually try to go with the veggie options on the menu, and it's worked so far. I've managed to bring it down, but don't really want it to go skyrocketing back up again so I'm sticking to the diet. At least most of the time. However, sometimes it's hard to find vegetarian dishes on the menu, or even if they're on there, they might not sound too appetizing at the moment because other options sound better. Especially when the place is called The Cheesecake Factory.

Me: I'm having trouble finding anything healthy that sounds good.
Her: You could go with the chicken, that's healthy.
Me: Yeah, but it's still an animal product, so it's going to have cholesterol. Maybe I should just not worry about it tonight.
Her: True. After all, how many chances do you get to have a going away dinner for me?
Me: Not enough.

She said that another friend of hers gave her a card, and wrote something like "I've been waiting 7 years to say goodbye to you."

I know, we're all such nice guys around here.

No comments: