Tuesday, August 29, 2006

You tell them that they're good kids, but you know that it's not true

Yesterday I called my kids to see how their first day of school went. I was especially concerned about my daughter because it was her first day of middle school, and she's been nervous about it all summer long. She was concerned that 5 minutes between classes wouldn't be enough to get there on time, and she had dreams where she didn't get a locker and had to put all her stuff on some shelves in the hall. You'll be happy to know that everything went fine. In fact, I ended up talking to my ex-wife, and she said that for the first time ever they were able to have a first day of school without any major drama.

While I was talking to her my three year old kept coming up and asking these questions:
  1. Can I use the hammer?
  2. Can I pee in a bucket?
  3. Can I say fuck?

He didn't use the hammer, or say fuck, but he did pee in a bucket in the bathroom. I guess he was just trying to get permission after the fact.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have corrected his grammar..."MAY I say F***!"

Native Minnow said...

Alpha, it's just a little boy thing. It's fun to pee where you know you're not supposed to. It's how I got my youngest to start potty training in the first place - I took him outside and let him pee on rocks instead. We used to pee on the wall of the house (behind the bushes) when we lived in Philipsburg. You know, because walking all the way inside the house was just too much to ask.

Psycho, that's just funny. I wish I would have thought of that.I would have said something to my ex. Needless to say, she had a talk with her fiancee about how they need to do a better job of cleaning up their language around the house.

PsychDoctor said...

YEah...peeing outside is fun. One of the distinct advantages of being male. Potty breaks on the way to southern Utah at 4AM take about 2 minutes on the side of the road. It's refreshing out there, because you can actually see the stars/Milky Way etc. :)

PsychDoctor said...

Oh, and Mom could never figure out why those flowers weren't doing so well... :)

PsychDoctor said...

Remember "male bonding" ....and it was even more fun in the snow... :)

Anonymous said...

One time my boyfriend (husband now) was taking FOREVER inside the store and my son had to pee...so I let him get out and pee on his front tire. He thought that was so much fun. Of course, then he kept asking me, "Mom, can I pee on his truck?" "Mom, I want to pee on that tire." "Mom, can I pee on that tire again?" "AGAIN?"