Wednesday, September 20, 2006

All we ask of you is to break both his legs

Tomorrow is the moment of truth. I have to go in for 'the beatdown,' otherwise known as my comprehensive examination. It ought to be a great time. My nerves have been getting worse and worse all day long, and I'm sure that's not going to improve over the next 15 hours. The good thing is that one way or another it's going to be over with tomorrow.

All I ask is that when you see me on the street in the ghetto that you leave some money in my cup. Who knows, by that time maybe I could even tell you where to score some rocks.

7 comments:

Delirious said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Well, if I pass you in the gutter I'm just going to borrow someone else's cigarette and ash on you. Just for fun, just cuz I've never done that, and because I know it will never happen. You are too smart, and have worked too hard to end up in the ghetto (unless you get a teaching job there, then I ask you not to date your ghetto students)

Delirious said...

Uh Native Minnow?? Can you tell us how you did?

Native Minnow said...

I'd rather not talk about it, but I suppose I have to. I didn't pass. I didn't fail, but I didn't pass. I knew it was going to be bad, but I didn't think it was going to be that bad. That's really all I'm going to say about it right now, and before you come on here and post a bunch of stuff about how you know I'm smart enough and blah blah blah, just don't. I'm not in the mood, and it's simply not true. If it were, I would have passed. End of story.

flieswithoutwings said...

Well, didn't you point out that what you lack in frontal lobe you make up for with the face of an angel?

And if you didn't put on a dab of mascara before you went in then, I'm sorry, but you really didn't try your best.

PsychDoctor said...

Sounds like my dissertation defense... :( Been there done that!

Delirious said...

If at first you don't succeed....try, try again.