Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Boy that Mama can cook

I'm one of the best procrastinators in the world. I've got the biggest day of my graduate student career (so far) coming up a week from tomorrow. I should be spending every waking moment reading journal articles and such.

Instead, I decided to bake a zucchini cake.

The recipe called for one half cup of sour milk. Since the milk in my refrigerator is fresh, I had to call my mom to see what to do. The last time I made this cake I had to do the same thing. I remembered her trick of adding vinegar to the milk, but couldn't remember how much vinegar to put in. Luckily she was home so I could finish the cake.

We talked for a while as I was mixing stuff together, and then I got to the point where I had to grate the zucchini, but I couldn't find my grater.

Me: "I hate it when the . . ."
Mom: "What's that?"
Me: "Oh, I was going to say something, but you probably don't want to hear it."
Mom: "What?"
Me: "I was going to say that I hate it when the maid service comes because they always put stuff away in the wrong place and I can never find it."

I don't think my Mom felt too sorry for me.

5 comments:

deputymomof6 said...

I am having a hard time finding the sympathy, too. Send her my way, I could use one!!

Delirious said...

Hey, maybe the maid would make the cake next time?

Michelle said...

hmmm yeah...kinda hard to be sympathetic to that comment....lol Did the cake turn out?

Native Minnow said...

I think the cake turned out. This recipe works best when you let it sit for a day before you cut it, so at least I have that to look forward to when I get home.

PsychDoctor said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm Zucchini cake...I hope you sprinkled chocolate chips on top....