Thursday, September 07, 2006

She's got a bottle of tequila, a bottle of gin, and if I bring a little music I could fit right in

Yesterday I went to lunch at a Mexican restaurant. It must have been a good Mexican restaurant because they were only playing the most authentic spanish music.

Me: "La Cucharacha? Isn't that like Mexico's national anthem or something?"
My Friend: "You know, I don't really think it is."
Me: "Well, it should be."
My Friend: "I'll tell Felipe Calderon you said that."
Me: "You do that. I bet he'll change it for me."

He probably wouldn't though, even if my friend did call him to tell him that.

I realized when I was done with my meal that I'm probably the only person in the world who orders chicken soup and then eats everything but the chicken.

When we left we didn't tip the waiter as much as normal because he didn't give us any white chocolate tamales. That jerk!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have NEVER gotten white chocolate talales, I feel cheated.

Native Minnow said...

Alpha, you have been cheated. White chocolate tamales are oh so good.

I decided last night that Mexico might not want La Cucharacha as their national anthem, being as it's a song about a cockroach and all, so they can change it to La Bamba instead and I'd still be happy.

deputymomof6 said...

I have never heard of white chocolate tamales, so I am really out of it. Next time I go to a Mexican restaurant, I will demand some.

Me: "I know you have some, you have been holding out on me for years. What?! I obviously don't NEED dessert, well....!!"

Husband: walks out with head inside of coat

Native Minnow said...

You haven't been given white chocolate tamales because you haven't been eating at Mexican restaurants that play La Cucharacha. It's that simple.

deputymomof6 said...

Only one in Atlanta, they must have been hiding it because I looked like I didn't need it. :) I will wait until I hear "the song."

Anonymous said...

okayyy well first of all im mexican and i've NEVER heard of white chocolate tamales...mayb i should go to TEXAS where they make evry1 think that Mexico is a desert nd evry1 wears sombreros and drinks tequila, they probably made those "white chocolate tamales" up 2...
then second...we wouldnt make la cucaracha our national anthem bcause it would b disrespectful...AND I WONDER Y AMERICA DOESNT MAKE THE HOKEY POKEY THEIR NATIONAL ANTHEM¿?¿?...
think abwt that...mayb i should call Obama nd ask him...
xxx☮ mwahzies ☮xxx