Monday, October 23, 2006

And Half Jewish Boys Make Kick Ass Drummers

I like to have my music turned up pretty loud while I'm driving. Since I do most of my driving alone, it's really not an issue, it's just one of the benefits to being single. The only times that it could really end up causing problems is if I don't hear a siren from an emergency vehicle right away, but that rarely happens.

The other day I was driving home from work and waiting at a red light. I looked over at the car next to me and a girl was motioning for me to roll my window down. I did, then turned down the music and asked her what she wanted.

She said, "My friend just wanted to hear that song."

Just some more validation that I listen to awesome music!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I listen to music rather loudly, as well. And I've also had that thought "what if I'm in the way of an ambulanc?" because my radio is too loud.

You know, I have to drown out my singing somehow.

Anonymous said...

I mean 'ambulance'.

flieswithoutwings said...

I used to like listening to my music loud for the sake of the music. Now I like the music loud so I don't have to hear the strange noises my engine makes. If I don't hear it I don't have to fix it, right?

Lauren said...

And what song were you listening to?

Native Minnow said...

It was a Clem Snide song. I believe the title for it is Happy Birthday. (The title for this post is one of the lyrics)

deputymomof6 said...

Don't worry, it wouldn't just be you that doesn't hear emergency vehicles, nobody hears them and nobody moves out of the way. I just hope it never is me waiting for them to get there. Sometimes, I wish my car was equipped with a torpedo launcher!!