Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Gonna have myself a time

Someday I want to remember to call one of my friends "Detective Sandy Vagina" when they don't get excited about something that I think is cool, ala Eric Cartman.

The new season starts tonight, I must say I'm rather excited.


***EDIT***

I thought it would be a good idea to do a running diary of the first episode, but it was a better idea than it was a reality. It turns out I can't really do two things at once. Well, I can walk and chew gum, and drive and text at the same time, but apparently I can't think of funny things to write while I'm being entertained by a funny cartoon. So instead I'll just list a few of the thoughts that I had while making a weak attempt at keeping a running diary.

First, I really liked the episode. They've used a similar idea before when the boys were all pretending to be ninjas, but this one had better animation. I think it was brilliant to use World of Warcraft in an episode. The fat guy who was going around killing everyone in the game because he had no life reminds me of a few people I've known in my life. Sadly, my 10 year old son could very well end up that way as well with as much time as he spends playing that game. It's all he could talk to me about on the phone for about two months. Luckily, my ex-wife has since limited his computer time to an hour a day and he's more like a normal 10 year old again.

The commercials really bothered me for some reason. Maybe it's because I'm out of the age range of the typical South Park viewer, so I don't fit the demographic of their target audience, but seriously, who are these people who are dumb (desperate?) enough to text the word 'tease' to 44123 in order to start 'text flirting' with so-called girls? Do they really think they're talking to the cute girls that appear in the commercial, or is it one of those things where as long as you're imagining that it's a cute girl then it's ok? Half of the response texts are probably sent my men (and the other half by ugly women, and maybe even a few transvestites), and it probably ends up costing a LOT of money per text. I may be desperate for some action, but I think I'll pass.

The Triple Whopper from Burger King is just what the American public needs. Like we're not fat enough already.

I want to see Thank You for Smoking as much as the next guy (actually, probably a little bit more than the next guy) but I don't need a commercial every 20 seconds to remind me of that. I think they showed the ad three times during a single commercial break. The same thing goes for The Grudge 2, except I really don't want to see that movie.

They also kept showing ads for the new cartoon Freak Show. What I want to know is, what ever happened to good animation? Is that really so much to ask from the makers of a cartoon? It could be the funniest show on t.v. and I still wouldn't watch it because the animation is so crappy (and yes, I'm aware of how stupid that sounds coming from a guy who is going on and on about the greatness of South Park).

I loved the part where Cartman stages a rally to figure out how to defeat the guy that keeps killing them in WoW and says something along the lines of "If you could go back in time and stop Hitler would you? I mean, I wouldn't because I personally think he was awesome, but you would, right?" I honestly don't know which is worse, the fact that they put that into the episode, or the fact that it cracked me up. I'm so going to hell.
He follows that up with trying to convince the other boys not to quit playing WoW by saying "When Hitler rose to power a lot of people just stopped playing. You know who those people were? The French." I can't wait to bring that up to the French guy in my research group.

And finally, I'm considering changing my screen name to lovestospooge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

South Park can be so funny, and sometimes it's just too much for me. ;)
Screw you guys...I'm going home!