Thursday, October 05, 2006

Our dog is two miles wide and all he talks about is pie

We had lunch at the Dining Commons today, even though it meant we had to walk clear across campus in the rain (yes, it does rain every now and again in the desert), and while I'm glad that I don't have to eat there for every meal (like the freshmen that live in the dorms) it's not too bad for an occasional meal. Plus, it's all you can eat for the low, low price of $6.50. Ok, so it's not that low, but you get my point.

After my meal, I got up to get some dessert. There were a lot of choices, too many to grab one of each, so eventually I settled on the carrot cake and walked back to our table.

Friend 1: "Out of all those choices that's what you got?"
Me: "It was either this or a piece of pie."
Friend 1: "Pie? I didn't see that. What kind did they have?"
Me: "It looked like Blueberry, or maybe it was blackberry."
Friend 1: "Boysenberry?"
Friend 2: "Gooseberry?"
Friend 1: "Dingleberry?"
Friend 3 (as he was returning with his dessert): "Did you just say dingleberry pie?"

Dingleberry pie. There's something I have yet to see on a dessert menu.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you excited about this concept?

deputymomof6 said...

Not to rub it in, but I made a banana cream pie....and I am about to eat the last piece!! :) If you had showed up this past weekend, you could have enjoyed some. (but I know you were in a hurry, so I enjoyed an extra-huge piece for you.)

Anonymous said...

Correction: I didn't say gooseberry! I said thimbleberry!!!

Native Minnow said...

Sorry, you did say thimbleberry, but I'm pretty sure you said gooseberry first. Once again I'm guilty of one of the biggest crimes in journalism - using quotation marks when I'm not writing down the exact quotes. Good thing I'm not actually a journalist.