Saturday, October 07, 2006

Hey everybody, where did Mary go?

I don't have any good stories to tell, so I'm stealing this idea from someone else, but it's ok, because I'm tayloring it to reflect my own shallow personality instead of his. Besides, I'm sure that I'm not the only person who thinks this way. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that everyone has a list like this, whether they know it or not.

On with it you say?

Fine.

There are certain names for members of the opposite sex that I tend to associate with attractiveness. The corollary to that is that there are also names that I tend to associate with unattractiveness. There's no doubt that some of this comes from past associations, such as girls I thought were cute when I was in high school, but there are others that I can't explain, and, if I hear someone mention something about a girl I don't know that has one of those names, I automatically assume that she must be pretty. Of course that doesn't always end up being the case, but there's the association just the same.

So anyway, here's my list of cute girl names. It's not all inclusive (obviously), and I've tried to leave off names of friends and family members (after all, I wouldn't want anyone to feel bad if their name got left off the 'hot list' or worse, had it included on the 'not-so-hot list,' plus, if it were one of my sister's names then someone could say I think my sister's hot, and that would just be gross).

Attractive Unattractive
Tiffany Becky
Leslie Susan
Amy Tara
Christine Tabatha

Anyway, you get my point. I could keep going, but I actually misplaced the list that I had made up for this post, as you may have guessed once you read the last name in the unattractive list. I've never actually known a Tabatha, but she'd probably have warts on her nose along with other witch-like characters.

7 comments:

CHIC-HANDSOME said...

life just a good

Native Minnow said...

I apologize for not being able to figure out how to fix the spacing before the table. I'm new to this html thing, leave me alone!

Native Minnow said...

There, I figured it out. Just had to comment to let you all know how proud I am of myself.

I'll finish patting myself on the back shortly.

flieswithoutwings said...

Becky isn't that great but I've known some nice "Rebeccas." I think you put "Tara" on the bad list just so people wouldn't think you enjoyed that Sweetheart's Ball so many years ago.

It is funny because I have seen some very pretty girls with names that tend to offend, such as Nancy and Betsy.

What's with these homies dissin' my girl? Why do they gotta front?

PsychDoctor said...

How about Della walking through the forest?

Sherrie?

Hmmm....

Lauren said...

One of the attractive ones is my middle name, does that make me half-attractive?

Anonymous said...

I cant believe my name is left out!!! How many not-so-hot Dorota's have you seen? although if you were to pronounce my name incorrectly & add a "duck" to my last name...it would probably make it seem as if I were some large manly eastern european chick who didnt shave..