Sunday, October 08, 2006

I miss the innocence I've known

Most of you know that my ex-wife re-married last month. They went to Mexico and everything was quite nice from what I've been told. That is, aside from the fact that everyone's return flight got cancelled (they could only get back into the U.S. in small groups), and the fact that a big wave crashed over the beach during the ceremony (I'm told that the wave was large enough to get people scrambling up the beach to get away from it, yet it still knocked everyone but the bride and groom over - memorable to say the least).

It was the first time flying on a commercial airline for both my boys, and my four year old was able to get away with things that you or I could never hope to on the flight down. As soon as everyone was on the plane he thought it would be funny to start yelling "We're all going to die!"

What can I say? He's a funny kid. I only hope that he didn't cause a panic attack for someone who already had a fear of flying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a cool experience for your kids to go do that. And look on the bright side, now you don't have to take them to an exotic beach somewhere cuz they've already been. :)