Sunday, October 29, 2006

Holding on to always just seems irrelevant now

The other day my ex-wife emailed me the link to her wedding photos. I'd like to post some of the best ones, but she gave me express instructions not to, so I'll honor her wishes.

When she first told me that she wanted to get married in a bikini on the beach I thought it would be the trashiest thing ever (probably because I'd envisioned something like this), but it actually looked like it turned out nice. It still wouldn't be my first choice of locations for a wedding, but it worked for them.

I have to admit, she looks really good in the photos, and they look happy together. In fact, as I was looking through the pictures I doubted that she'd ever looked at me the way she was looking at him. That's ok, maybe that means this one will last.

It's definitely a strange feeling though. I don't want her back. We weren't all that happy together in the first place, but the main feeling that came over me as I looked through the pictures was "she was mine first."

1 comment:

deputymomof6 said...

I would be willing to bet that she did look at you that way. She went to great lengths to ensure that you were hers, and that she could keep you. I am sorry she gave all that up, but you seem much happier now....and she was yours first..... Not to mention, you got three great kids out of the bargain, not too bad!!!