Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Take your feet off of that dictionary please. Who do you think you are?*

So, in search of further validation, I too went to the dictionary for the exact definition of 'good' (Take that hoity-toity Christians. You're not the only ones who know how to use a dictionary [does anyone really know how to spell hoity-toity?]). It turns out there are 31 definitions of the word, not just the one that was listed on the "Smart Card."

Here are the ones that I'm going to go ahead and say apply to me:
  1. satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree of high quality
  2. excellent well-behaved genuine
  3. not counterfeit
  4. not spoiled or tainted
  5. (of the complexion) smooth; free from blemish
  6. sufficient or ample
  7. satisfactory for the purpose conforming to rules of grammar, usage, etc.;
  8. correct
  9. full (this one only applies after meals)
  10. loyal
  11. fairly large or great
  12. free from precipitation or cloudiness
  13. fertile

Go ahead, pick one and use it in a sentence. I'll go first:

Is that Native Minnow in the fridge still good?

*and no, I'm not above using cheesy lyrics from children's songs that Japanese teenagers like to listen to in order to have a title that matches the post

7 comments:

Native Minnow said...

btw, the answer to my question is yes, the minnow in the fridge is good - trust me on this

Anonymous said...

I think the native minnow in the fridge tastes tainted.

Anonymous said...

Native Minnow just ate a Burger Pipe. He doesn't want another. He is good.

Hedy De Vine said...

thank goodness i'm not good because the condom just broke.

Native Minnow said...

Rural Murder, You're right, I am tainted. Just like every other man on the planet.

I'd totally forgotten about the Burger Pipe. You can't even get those anymore. At least nowhere I've been lately. You missed out on your one opportunity.

You need to come back down here again.

PsychDoctor said...

Wow...what was up with Sticks??? I think it is interesting that people think that being condescending, or being vehement about their beliefs somehow help other people want to believe the same thing...It reminds me of a couple of missionaries I knew who would ask people if they wanted to learn about the church and when they said no, would say things like, "Don't you want to live with your family forever?" or "You don't want to be bapitized the proper way and go to heaven? What you don't want to go to heaven?" :)

Lauren said...

You're well-behaved and genuine? Yeah right. You mean a genuine jerk. *pbbbb*