Saturday, January 27, 2007

Tiny insects everywhere

Yesterday I went to my class where we hold weekly discussions of papers that are relevant to the work we do in our research group. Since I already subscribe to the journal this week's article was from, I just took that issue with me to class rather than printing a copy. One of the other students saw the cover and mentioned that he had found something similar in his water at a Mexican restaurant here in town.


Once class was over I closed the journal and another guy saw the cover.

Him: What the hell is that?
Me: It's your mom.
Him: Yeah, that looks like her proboscis and feathery antennae.

1 comment:

flieswithoutwings said...

It does bear a similarity to the female reproductive system:

http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/Images/repro-sys.jpg